Friday, March 29, 2013

I get by with a little Help from My Friends

I can`t possibly list all the amazing things that have been generously given to me and my family over the course of 10 weeks.  What I can tell you, is that I am overwhelmed and in awe of the support that my friends and complete strangers have shown me.

You can`t help but be renewed in the human faith when something as odd as this happens.  I know that looking at a brain tumour as being an odd experience is a wacky take on a very real thing.  However, it`s odd in every sense of the word.  Let`s look at ``the odds`` according to the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada (my resource bible) 1 in 27 Canadian will be diagnosed today and every single day with a brain tumour.  Hmmm since there are currently 34,482,779 Canadians and I`m ONE of them, just your average girl going about my business, how did the brain tumour find me?  Who in their right mind would ever think they would end with a brain tumour?  We hear all the facts about cardiovascular disease, breast and prostate  cancer, but we never hear about brain tumours.  That's were you come in, my friend,  I have a goal, a personal goal, to reach as many people as I can to share this message.  Brain Tumours are real, they suck and they are here to stay unless we spread the word about the need for research.  I'm just one person but I can reach thousand with a little help from my friends.

Here is a list of facts about brain tumours, they are shocking, scary and real but changeable.


No comments:

Post a Comment