Saturday, March 23, 2013

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

This blog could be posts all about how I felt, how I'm feeling and what I expect to feel like but rather a bit of that, mixed into wood piling and cheerleading. I know it's a wild read, stick with me....

Yesterday:  Was the day that wood for the wood stove was picked up by a large truck that we rented and brought home.  Of course because it was a week day we were unable to enlist help which left me, my 10 year old son and my better half.  When we arrived, I was not "allowed" to do anything...doo dee doo dee doo....not what a Type A Personality likes to hear or do.  Type A personalities should not get brain tumours, we don't have time for them.  Some time passed as they worked along and I pushed the wood with my foot to the back of the truck, you have to understand this is SO not me.  I AM superwoman, I could pile that entire cord with one hand tired behind my back while riding a unicycle.

So the first time I try and lift a piece (we are talking about the smaller pieces of soft wood) I'm given "the eye" and a "what do you think you are doing?"  To which my carefully planned response was " My neurosurgeon said I could get back to some normal daily activities, this is no different, in fact lighter, then a laundry basket"  This response got me the "other eye" but I was "allowed" to carry on.  To which I did, however, was tired within minutes and realized that laundry kind of washes itself, wood, not so much!!!

Today:  The biggest Cheerleading Competition starts today.  Have you ever been to a cheerleading competition?  If not, I will describe it to you from my perspective.  Cheer Comps as they are commonly referred to are like watching one of those ant kits.  You remember them from when you were a kid...double walled glass with sand in the middle.  Fascinating to watch the ants as the travel single file in a steady stream, never stopping, always moving.  Cheer Comps are just like that, hundreds of  cheerleaders traveling in packs, all dressed alike, moving very quickly, waiting to perform.  Again, fascinating to watch but my perspective is still WAY off.  Mix that with double vision and hundreds of cheerleaders turn into thousands, it's almost painful.  Wouldn't miss it for the world though, it's my daughter after all.

Tomorrow:  Day two of competition, day one of moving wood from driveway to backyard.  Three days, three more days of healing, where I still feel the same, the same as yesterday, today, and most likely tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment