Friday, April 12, 2013

I Swallowed a Bravery Pill

My days as of late have been busy.  Well, they are always busy it seems, this recovery thing is time consuming!!!  My last blog was all about adjusting to my new glasses and honestly this blog could be about the same thing.  It's weird, plain and simple, my vision seems to adjust differently to different situations and I'm just not used to it yet.  It frustrates me because I'm an easily frustrated person, I just want my eyes better now.  With all that being said I know it's not that easy and it takes time for my eyes to adjust, time time time, there's that word again.

Sooooo I went for a walk on Wednesday all by myself.  Doesn't sound like a big accomplishment but bravery is everything.  I had a thought, for 41 years I've been walking this earth and not really thinking to much about it, taking it for granted like we all do.  At my last Physio appointment there was a lot of talk about muscle memory and I thought if muscle has memory then so does the brain about walking...out I went.  I made an appointment for a massage which is a 1.5km walk, I needed a good excuse to tell TJay...I had to walk, I had an appointment!!!  I still got the "ummhmm" from him and "that look" but nothing bad happened so going against everyone's advise about not doing things on my own turned out ok, so it's all good.  What I learned on my walk is not having someone with me really made me have to think about depth and balance.  Yes, I stumbled a bit, but never once fell into the street, didn't get hit by a bus and made it to the massage clinic in one piece.  I also learned that looking to far ahead with depth perception issues is stupid and looking down is even more stupid.  A 6 foot range in front is perfect, I've got this!!!!

Finally in this last week I've started to feel like me again, I'm not sure who I was but I certainly was not myself.  You see, I AM super woman, always have been, there is nothing I can't accomplish with my stubborn ways.  However, recovering from brain surgery has taught me that even super woman can't fight the body's need to stop. Brain surgery was the chill pill I needed to learn some valuable lessons about, time, life and love.  I've absorbed these lessons like a sponge and have my brain tumour to thank for them.

Now that the bottle of chill pills are almost gone and I've popped the top off the bravery pill bottle, this blog is about to get a lot more adventurous.  Or stupid, those two words might be interchangeable in the near future


No comments:

Post a Comment