Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's a miracle

What a day!!!  As I type this I do so without glasses, and since I don't know how long my amazing vision will last, this will be a quick post.

Every morning when I wake up and open my eyes there are two dressers, two lights, two huge messes on my bedroom floor.  I only have one dresser, one light and I'm only half a slob, what I do have is double vision.  As I've written in past posts, my double vision was first corrected by me tilting my head to the left to compensate for the right eye's issues.  Then trips to the eye clinic had me sporting new glasses with prisms and my life became manageable.

Yesterday my "brain itch" (any of you who had brain surgery can relate to this highly annoying feeling of ants crawling inside your head) was horrific.  I said to T Jay last night that if I loose my mind it will be because of brain itch.....AHHHH I can't stand it.  I thought maybe I over did it, raking the dead plant material from my front flower bed yesterday.

This morning started like all other mornings, the alarm goes off I open my eyes and my day begins.  I get the kids up for school, make their breakfast, pack their lunch and ship the first one out the door.  Since I've been home recovering from brain surgery I've watched them get to and on the bus safely every morning.  This morning was no different except it's nice and sunny here today.  I rubbed my eyes as the sun was too strong on them and I scream to my son, who I startled the heck out of.  "Is my head straight...look mom's not wearing any glasses and there is only one of you!!"  He replies with a big smile and a yes mom your head is straight.  I am beyond excited, off to the mirror I go, yes my head IS straight.  WOW, I don't understand and I don't know why I can see today without my prisms but I will take every minute of it (so far three hours)  I'm sure it has everything to do with healing and swelling going down and lots of other medical explanations but I like the idea of "It's a Miracle" way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment