Monday, April 8, 2013

Out and About

The term out and about in Nova Scotia is kind of said like this "out ina bout" which pronounced fast enough sounds like out in a boat...which is exactly how I felt yesterday.  It was my first real outing with my prism glasses and expecting my trip to Walmart to be just like it used to be before surgery, in I went.  Oh my was I   shocked, surprised, frustrated and just plain angry when I stepped inside and realized that my vision was only slightly better. That wishy washy feeling of the drunken stumble in public was there.   REALLY?  I thought.  How can this be, I HAVE NEW GLASSES, I'm fixed, miraculously healed, these glasses are my ticket.  GRRRR I thought, so what is it, the shinny floors, the aisles, the lighting?  I honestly can't tell you.  All I know is it sucked with a capital S and even with encouraging words from my friend Laura, I kinda left sulking

Later my friend Jen asked if I wanted to go for a walk?  Sure I say...now I'm feeling like a dog, excited by the "W" word (any of you who have a dog know exactly what I mean).  With no leash in hand, off we go to the local pharmacy a 1.4km walk.  Again, my first "real" walk with my new glasses, I do ok!!!  Cool, so now I know it's something more then "just me" I just have to narrow it down to lighting, shinny floors, long narrow aisles or just people in general.  The fix to this is more shopping, every girl's dream, except this chick, who HATES shopping.  I know you are thinking is that even possible?  A girl who doesn't like to shop, yup ask my kids, it's right up there with dishes...I would rather scrub the toilet.  Sadly, we have to go "out and about" to run errands tonight, at least I'll know what to expect this time, unlike scrubbing the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment