Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Friends Have the Best "Piggy Backs"

It's finally Spring here in Nova Scotia and today is the first day I felt the warm sun on my back deck.  As I write this the birds are singing, I see neighbors walking and some of my bulbs are starting to bloom.  When I planted those bulbs last fall I never thought they would bring me so much joy after such a rough Winter.  Isn't nature amazing?

Well with this new season comes new appointments and some of my old favorites too.  My OT tomorrow, HR on Fri, physio next week.  A neck x-ray is new on my list, it just doesn't seem to want to snap back from surgery or my crazy head tilt.  It really is becoming a pain in the neck!!!  The last week of the month includes the Eye clinic, Radiation Oncology (another new one) and my daughter has an appointment with her Immunologist.  Have I ever mentioned that my daughter has an immune deficiency?  She was born with no IgA's low IgG's and low IgM's, it's been 12 years of trying to keep her healthy.  Funny thing is, she is having the healthiest year of her life while I'm falling apart.  One at a time I guess.  My sister's son was born with an immune deficiency as well even though they say it's not hereditary I have to wonder.  They say that about brain tumours too, I guess that's why research is needed.  Which is why I'm taking part in this Saturday's Spring Sprint for The Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada.  There won't be any sprinting on my part, in fact I'm very nervous about how my vision and perception will be with all those people not to mention it's a 2.5K walk.  I have some wonderful friends and of course my family walking with me so there are plenty of "piggy backs" to jump on if I need one...maybe we should bring a wagon (haha)....hmmm it's been a while since I've been pulled in a wagon, I'm game!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment