Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spring Sprint...or Crawl

Four months ago today we tried to give Bubblegum and Honeycomb their eviction notice, unsuccessfully I might add, so from this day on I will call these days (the 11th of the month) my post op birthdays. I get to celebrate my post op birthday is an amazing way, I'm going to attempt the Spring Sprint for the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada.  It's a 2.5 or a 5km walk to raise awareness and much needed funds for Brain Tumour research.  I am very excited to do this but very nervous.  My balance and co-ordination is much worse around moving objects (other people in this case) AND that's a long walk.  Certainly is strange thinking 2.5km is a long way since before surgery I walked 5km almost nightly.  However, under the circumstances I won't beat myself up over it and will be back to long walks in due time....(there's that word again....TIME)
So, with T Jay, my amazing kids, my best friend, and one of my sweetest co-workers by my side we will set out this morning and see what we can do.  Thanks to all who supported us, Bubblegum and Honeycomb (my brain tenants) thank you!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment