Friday, June 14, 2013

Put Your Hands Together...

When an illness finds you and it's stubborn enough to hang around, you can't help but feel a bit helpless.  Since I use to hear quit frequently "I don't know how you do it"  (referring to working full time, raising two kids, one with health issues, kids events, blah blah blah all the things that every other Mother does for her kids)  I never felt I was doing anything extra special.  I was doing my job as a Mom and wanting to do it right.

Now I hear the same thing.."I don't know how you do it"  However, this time it's all of the above and a brain tumour too.  And I can tell you how I do it, it's with help.  I've had/have so much help that I think it's certainly worth mentioning because you just can't do this with out it. I'm blessed to have received this help in so many different ways, each one unique, each one I'm grateful for.  So if you could put your hands together and applaud the following for their contribution in the "lets help Kelly down recovery road campaign"   In no particular order...I love and appreciate the following...and they know why:

T Jay               Mom          Simon         The Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada
Dawn 1           Zackary      Jim              My co-workers
Laura              Kyra           John            Heather 1
Jen                  Shipra         Haley          Heather 2
Peggy              James         Wendy        Lindsay
Sue                 Glenda        Helen          Sheila
Ann                 Ona            Aunt Agnes Madi
Sussie             Todd           Joe              Andy
Ally                 Sophia        Angie          Thousands of prayers from people I've never met
Shirley             Christine     Lesley         Thousands of prayers from people I know
Christy            Ron             Brian           Countless get well cards and FB wishes
Steve              Amy            Tracey        Karen
Tanya             Peter            Zoe            Shawn 1
Jorden            Steven         Dawn 2       Alison
Sonja             Shawn 2       Caren         Connie
Ivy                 Linda            Ellen           Shawn 3
Greg              Jared            Spike          Brandon
Brandon         Mary            Meghan      Dr Lecky   
Dr McLean    Dr Lwu        Dr. Mulroy  Dr Tan
EASE            The Balance Clinic           7.3 Step Down

And finally to the two Nurse who never said BOO when I INSISTED they take me back to recovery to get the proper adapter for my Art-line.   (OH MY GAWD, can you imagine)  How I can remember this clear as a bell but can't remember names, I will never know!!!!

So, in the end I don't have to say what everyone did or how they helped, but helped they did.  I am and will forever be, grateful for each and everyone of them.

If by some chance I have forgotten someone, I am simply going to pull the brain tumour card and say, "Seriously, I have a brain tumour, how do you ever expect me to remember all of that"  LOL
Thanks for being super awesome in my life everyone.  And a special thanks to T Jay and my kids for letting me pull the brain tumour card almost everyday to which they only "groan" 50% of the time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment