Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Great Day For Ducks

 Mr. Just Ducky, from NS



Well, it's raining in Halifax again today.  This must be day 30 out of the last 30.  It's really unreal how much rain we've seen here this Spring and now into Summer.  I've said for years "It's a great day for ducks" as a way to turn around the "blues" feeling we all get on damp dreary days.  However, I'm sure I overheard the ducks the other day complaining about the weather.  As you can see ducks in Nova Scotia have their own Sou'wester hats!!!

All jokes aside, I'm thankful we have the great Atlantic Ocean for all this rain to run into so we are not in the same horrific situation of Southern Alberta.  My thoughts, well wishes and prayers extend to those families.

One of the great things about rain is it tends to be cooler and that doesn't hurt my head.  Hot muggy rainy days seems to create a throbbing pressure in there.  You would think having my very own hole in my head would relieve some of that, but I can tell you it doesn't work that way.  Days like today are days I can get some "extra" things done around the house.  However, like anyone on dreary days, a nap sounds better then doing laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment