Thursday, August 15, 2013

Brain Tumour Thursday

Although I've been walking around with what's left of my brain tumour for 7 months now.  I'm just figuring out that there is an entire social media world who dedicates Thursdays as Brain Tumour Thursday.  Throw a # in front of that with the American spelling and you get #braintumorthursday on Twitter  Who knew?  Obviously not me until today.  So I guess since I have one of these life changing blobs in my head I should jump on the Thursday band wagon and educate my followers.

Here's my first Thursday's contribution:


We will start with the basics today...What is a brain tumour?  It's a mass of abnormal cells in and around the structure of the brain.  There are primary and secondary brain tumours.  The difference is, primary originated from cells within the brain and stays there.  Secondary originated from cells somewhere else in the body, such as breast cancer.   Brain tumours are not well behaved little creatures and I will talk more about their teenage like behavior next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment