Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's Snowing in August

Do you remember snow globes?  Those magical little water filled scenes with white flakes.  If it was REALLY special it had silver glitter that made it look like it was snowing forever.  I remember one I had as a child, it had trees and children skating on a pond.  I loved shaking it and watching the snow cover the children, falling ever so gently on the evergreens.  If you placed it on a hard surface the flakes would balance on the trees until someone flipped it once again.

Today, I realized that my recovery is very much like a snow globe.  In January, my brain was shaken up like one of those precious globes.  When I think back to those early weeks and months, it's all a haze, a freshly shaken globe.  Slowly the pieces started falling into place.  There are days when I feel like my globe is almost clear and then there are days like today.  When my balance is off, my thoughts aren't clear and an exhaustion that is indescribable.  Shocks to my eye, brain itch and an inability to remember how to spell the simplest of words has me thinking "who shook my globe?"  It doesn't take long to realize that I already know the answer to that question.  Brain tumours don't let you forget

No comments:

Post a Comment