Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Spicy Start To October

If someone asked me one year ago today October 1st 2012, what the best part about October was, I would have said the following, the smell of Autumn, the changing leaves, the crisp morning air and it's when Tim Hortons brings out their pumpkin spice muffins.  Yup, those are my October favorites, NOW the best part is, sharing the fact that October is Brain Tumour awareness Month (ok I also love Tim's pumpkin spice muffins, they are the best)  So this morning there is so much I want to share, like the fact that 27 Canadian are diagnosed with a brain tumour EVERYDAY and I was one of them on October 3 2012.  At the time, I had no idea that October was Brain Tumour Awareness Month, and didn't for some time.  I can tell you it's a horrible way to find out.  What I can also tell you, is that day changed my very being, it rattled my soul and erupted a fear inside me I didn't even know was possible.  I will forever be changed by that day. It's the first time in my life that I have ever stood still, paralyzed by the unknown. Life however, does carry on, and I'm very thankful for that.  It's not the life I saw at 41, but like any life changing event you find the positives and try and focus on what the soul needs.  Today, the soul needed a pumpkin spice muffin and that is exactly what the soul got.

No comments:

Post a Comment