Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Great Brain Tumour of 2013

Well, technically that's not correct, the tumour reared it's ugly head in 2012, but "The Great Brain Tumour of 2013" sounds historically fun.
This time last year I was shaking in my boots, terrified that in 11 days I was to undergo brain surgery.  My only goal for 2013 was to live.  Sounds profound but it's 100% true, I prayed about it, meditated about it and breathed it.  Please, for the love of God allow me to live through that experience.  And I did.  In the physically sense.

Recovery over the last 12 months has been a surprise, so has the knowledge I've received along the way in regards to my health.  There is no better lesson on who you truly are, then taught through the experience of recovery.   As I sit here having no idea what I want to wish for on this New Years Eve, it's a harsh reality that the things I want are not in my control.  So I will go back to my goal of 2013, to live.  This time not with a heart beat or breath, but with personality and soul.  I am not the same person I was a year ago, sadly some of that care free Kelly has been lost, but I would like to find her again.  This year I want to live life because it's precious, because I have amazing children, because I have T Jay, because life is good.  So Great Brain Tumour of 2013, won't you join me in 2014?  You are coming along for the ride anyway, we may as well find some good in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment